Review - Bugasalt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review - Bugasalt

I have been meaning to post this since getting it for Christmas, but kinda been busy with life and all....

My wife was scared of intruders and wanted some form of home, food and annoyance protection and bought me a Bugasalt. It would give me a chance to do some practicing in and around the house, it's silent so the neighbors will not complain about me shooting, and usually during the warmer months, our home gets invaded by hundreds of bad guys a week.

Plus I wanted to get one of these, since the "clip" holds 50 rounds and I wanted to get one before they are banned.

Here's a video of it in action.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE

And here's the shot pattern from 3 feet into free hanging aluminum foil.

If you can find one, they are fun, well made and definitely worth the money.

http://www.bugasalt.com/
    Last edited by saunterer; 01-12-2013, 11:14. Reason: Woke up too early, not enough coffee
    He who sits still in a house all the time may be the greatest vagrant of all, but the Saunterer, in the good sense, is no more vagrant than the meandering river, which is all the while sedulously seeking the shortest course to the sea. - Thoreau's Walking

Have been wanting one for a while, thanks for the review!
    When Pigs Fly BBQ and Catering
    7011 W. Central Ste. 116
    Wichita, KS 67213
    316-295-2150
    www.whenpigsflywichita.com
    Our BBQ is "Slap Yo Mama" good!

Comment

I was going to try to type of a serious, tongue-in-cheek review, but I woke up really early this morning and hadn't drank enough coffee to get my creative juices flowing...

For houseflies, 3 feet will be about your maximum kill distance based on tests shot at free hanging aluminum foil. I speculate that for larger pests such as wasps or wolf spiders, about 1 foot will be your best range.

Guess I will have to wait until spring gets here for more practice. My father lives in NC on a farm with lots of livestock, and I bought him one for Christmas. Since southeastern NC stays a bit warmer during the winter, he's been having fun with his.
      He who sits still in a house all the time may be the greatest vagrant of all, but the Saunterer, in the good sense, is no more vagrant than the meandering river, which is all the while sedulously seeking the shortest course to the sea. - Thoreau's Walking

Comment

This is cool, but I'm afraid in rural area I live they don't make enough ammunition. If they did I probably couldn't afford it!

Comment

Everyone better buy one quick! I heard our liberal government is trying to ban these "asalt" weapons!!
          Pull....Bang!......(lost)..........Pull...Bang!... ...(lost)...... Having some fun now! :biggrin:
          NRA Life Member
          Kansas Rifle Association Life Member

ATA, KTA Member

Comment

There was a few in stock at Double Eagle in Ark City last time I visited.
            Samson Operation X Team Member

My YouTube Channel

"Every normal man must be temped, at times, to spit on his hand, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Linejudgemick View Post
              This is cool, but I'm afraid in rural area I live they don't make enough ammunition. If they did I probably couldn't afford it!
              I bought this box of 7,500 rounds of #42 flyshot for only $3. Better hurry and stock up before the AWB!

Originally posted by dukefan View Post
              Everyone better buy one quick! I heard our liberal government is trying to ban these "asalt" weapons!!
              Only a Dukie would come up with that... hahaha. (Coming from a NCSU guy...)
              Last edited by saunterer; 01-12-2013, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by saunterer View Post
                I bought this box of 7,500 rounds of #42 flyshot for only $3. Better hurry and stock up before the AWB!

Now that's funny!

Comment

Working...
                X