Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kind of Men Who Carry Pocketknives

Yep

I’d often ask, “Daddy, do you have your pocketknife?” just to hear his response, “I got my pants on, don’t I?”

http://appalachianmagazine.com/2018/..._gvD3yraSSFnZ0
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Pocket knives, the plural is correct because you need at least two folding knives. A heavy duty blade for cleaning battery terminal, cutting rope or whittling wood. Then you need a surgical clean knife for big and little splinters, or cutting your steak at a restaurant when you decide the "steak knife" is so dull it won't cut soft butter.
    The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Or a multi tool neatly stored with your roadside/emergency tool kit under the rear folding seat.
      Failure is an opportunity to learn.

Comment

My Grandpa told me thats why men wear pants.
        NRA Member

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

-- Thomas Jefferson

“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

― John Wayne

Comment

How many knives do you carry at the same time? I usually have a Victorinx Tinker, a Case or Buck Stockman, and a Kershaw assisted opener and a EMT knife with seat belt/ clothing cutter, window breaker and and a Kershaw Shuffle in the watch pocket. I've got a small 2' multifunction tool that I carry because it has needle nose pliers which are handy to get a broken bulb out of a socket on the car.
          There are times when I carry a 7" KaBar or a Buck 119 Special or even a Cold Steel Trailmaster Bowie.
          I haven't been stopped by a cop in about 40 years, but I hope COPS is filming when they ask if I'm carrying a knife.
          The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
          If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
          I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Today... I have a Massdrop/Ferrum Forge Gent in my pocket (which is exchanged for others frequently) and a Leatherman squirt on my key chain. My other set of keys has a SAK on it. I feel nekked without a pocket knife.

Comment

Working...
            X