X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Waste Your Money! - How to Avoid Bad Swords

Just so much junk out there, so much potentially dangerous junk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLU2pXcK2d8
    "I suppose it's tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail...." ~Abraham Maslow~

"Skill makes you harder to kill" ~ Unknown

Lots of knives and swords on the market. Steel is cheap but what kind of steel is a used in construction? A catalog might say just Stainless or just high carbon steel. A better description will say a steel spec such as 5160, D2, 1095 or 1075 for plain carbon steel. Lots of knives and swords say Damascus which is meaningless unless you know what kind of ally steel was used to make the Damascus.

How was the blade formed and heat treated? Some knives might be made from sheet steel cut by laser, water-jet or plasma and the ground to shape. Or the sheet steel could be die cut in a stamping machine and then ground.

A knife or sword could be drop forged by a big machine or it could be forged by a bladesmith.

The temperature, cleanliness and technique used can make good steel into junk. A good blade can have a handle poorly installed. A maker's name and reputation is reflected in te price.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.

Comment

Working...
    X