BudK and KA-Bar clones & a real KA-BARS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BudK and KA-Bar clones & a real KA-BARS

BUDK has lots of knives. Some real KA-BARS and other quality knives. They also have Hollywood fantasy knives and some junk.

A couple of years ago I bought 3 Marine KA-BARs and at the time only $9 each. Gave each son a knock-ff. The blade and steel was good, 420HC. Assembly was so-so. Never threw the knife but one morning I found te butt cap on the floor. They did not fully seat te retaining pin. Easy fix with a longer pin and some epoxy. Te leather stack stayed tight except to the last two. I used some epoxy to secure the last two leather washers and the new, longer pin.
    The knife is now listed at $23, still 1/4th the cost of a real KA-BAR [which they also carry].

I used a Dremel tool with a sanding drum to make some flatter spots so there is an index on where the edge is. Tat also makes it easier ti hold since it isn't just smooth polished

https://www.budk.com/leather.

I also modified the sheath. Removed the drop part and made it a tight fit on the belt by folding it down to create a loop at the top of the sheath. The leather snap was modified so it snapped over the guard. If I like it, I'll make a nicer one without using Gorilla glue.

The people think the Constitution protects their rights; But government sees it as an obstacle to be overcome.
    If your religion says suicide and murder are wrong; Aren't you doing both if you are not prepared to defend your life and the lives of others?
    I am not a lawyer, but I have personal opinions.
Working...
X